Stress is a situation in which a person feels tension mentally or emotionally. Now a days stress is a part of life. Stress is common experience for most people. Stress can be due to many reasons like Overload Work, over thinking, Tension, Negative thoughts, Circumstances, Insomnia etc.. A person suffering from stress feels lonely, Angry, depressed, demotivated and Irritated. It effects your health badly. Due to stress many disease can occurs like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems, headache, obesity etc. Sometimes stress can be so dangerous that it can take your life.
Following are some points which can help you to reduce stress.
Yoga is a mind relaxation process which consist physical poses and breathing control. This is the best and effective way to reduce stress. If are suffering from stress then you should do yoga daily for 15-20 minutes. Yoga has shown to have a calming effect on the body and many poses have a stress relieving effect. There are many poses that can help you to reduce stress.
Balasana (Child Pose) :- Child pose is a natural and effective remedy for releasing all the body fatigue. The forward fold of the body and regulated breath helps release all the tensions of the body and transports the body into a relaxation state. It is a resting pose.
- It calms your mind and it release tension from the neck and shoulders.
- Balasana gently stretches and strengthens the ligaments of knees.
- It promotes blood circulation all throughout the body.
- This asana helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- It relaxes your muscles.
- It fights against Insomnia.
Janu Sirsasana (Head to knee forwarded Bend):- Janu sirsasana word is derived from Sanskrit language. Janu means “Knee” and Sirsa means “Head” so it is very beneficial for your knees and head. It makes your energetic and active.
- Janu Sirsasana is very useful for women because It provide relief from pain in lower abdomen during periods but it should be avoid during heavy bleeding.
- This is helpful in increase height.
- Janu Sirsasana reduces belly fat.
- It improves the functions of kidney and liver.
- It improves digestive system.
Uttana Shishosana (Extended Puppy Pose):- It is the best pose for your spine, shoulders and kness. It makes your body flexible.
- Uttana Shishosana improves blood circulation.
- It is best exercise for your spine, hips and shoulders.
- Uttana Shishosana calms the mind.
- It is helpful in getting relief from insomnia problem.
Savasana (Corpse Pose) :- Savasana is the most easy and relaxing pose.
- Savasana relax your body and muscles.
- It controls blood pressure.
- It calms mind.
- This is the best asana who are suffering from Diabetes, Constipation, Digestion problems.
- Its helps to increase in concentration power.
2. Proper sleep
If you want to get relief from stress then take at least 8 hours sleep. When you will take adequate sleep then you will fill fresh and relax mentally as well as physically.If you are not able to sleep then follow these steps:
- Avoid tea, green tea or any caffeine for at least 4 hours before going to bed.
- Take your meal at least 2 hours ago before going to bed.
- Fix your bed time and wake up time.
- Indulge yourself in physical activity during day by doing this you will feel tired at night and you will be able to sleep.
- Avoid smoking.
- Massage your sole with lukewarm oil (Coconut oil or mustard oil) before going to bed.
- Take a shower before going to bed.
Your stress level also depends on your routine diet. A balanced and healthy diet is necessary to reduce stress. Following are some super food which can help you to reduce stress.
- Dairy products:- Dairy products like milk, curd,chaach is very helpful in stress. It boost the immunity power.
- Banana:- Banana is a rich source of magnesium and potassium Which contains mood boosting chemical dopamine.
- Dark chocolate. It contains antioxidants. This is helpful in lower the stress level.
- Avocados, egg, nuts, fish, green vegetables are also super foods to reduce stress.
4. Think Positive
Try to think positive always. Negative thinking is the major cause of stress. You just close your eyes and said to yourself that everything will be all right.Everything have two aspects One is positive and other is negative you always have to think about positive aspects. If I give you a half glass of water and ask you how much water you have, someone says it is half empty but someone says it is half full this is same with our life this is our attitude towards life that how we reacts over situations.
A beggar who doesn’t have even home to live, Don’t have meal to eat but a piece of chapati makes him happy but someone who have everything Money, Well Furnished Home, Car and all the luxuries but still he remains sad. Happiness and sadness is the past and parcel of life. Everyone have to face bad situations in life but we should never loss the hope and remain positive in every situation. If you thinks about negative aspects your mind will be upset so always think positive.
5. Deep Breathing
It is also a wonderful, simple and easiest formula to reduce stress. You just have to take a deep breath and and hold it for 5-10 seconds or as much as you can hold and then release slowly slowly and do it 10 times at least. You should repeat this process 3-4 times in a day.
Meditation is also a helpful technique to reduce stress recommended by physicians and therapists. It gives you mental peace. The relaxation response technique consists of the silent repetition of a word, sound, or phrase while sitting quietly with eyes closed for 10 to 20 minutes. This should be done in a quiet place free of distractions. You can use any sound like “OM”. During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process may result in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.
- It reduces negative emotions.
- It increase patience and tolerance power.
- Increasing self-awareness.
- It gives you mental strength.
- Improve immunity system.
- Improve energy level.
- It reduce symptoms of panic disorders.
- It improves concentration.
Also Read: How To Deal With Depression.
7. Keep Yourself Busy
Keep yourself busy in any activity.If you are working then just focus on your work.Either you are doing job or you have your own business set your short term target Like challenge yourself that You have to complete a particular task in a fix time or you can set your sales target on daily basis or monthly basis and give your 100% to complete this targets when this targets will fulfill your confidence level will increase and you will feel your work interesting.but if you are not working then keep indulge yourself in any activity like You can go market, if you loves cooking then may cook food, you can do gardening it will also gives you a positive energy. In spite of all this you can do anything which you like. By doing this your mind will not be diverted.
I hope these all steps will help you to reduce stress.